Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter 2012 Newsletter


Winter 2012 Newsletter

Editor’s Corner

Acupuncture Happy Hour
Starting January 30, I will be offering Acupuncture Happy Hour every Tuesday night from 4-6:30pm.  Please call to make an appointment.  Acupuncture Happy Hour is a quick ear acupuncture session, done right in the waiting room. 

It takes about 20 minutes, costs $20/session, and is great for stress relief.  You will also get a coupon good for $20 off a regular acupuncture session with your first ear acupuncture session. 

If you have a specific health condition you want treated, you will need a regular acupuncture visit, but the ear acupuncture can introduce you to acupuncture, help you feel relaxed, and can usually minimize pain.


Review Your Acupuncturist
I have links on the website of places where you can review Green AcuClinic. Please let people know how you have benefitted from treatment.  If there is something you are unhappy with, please let me know first and I will do my best to make it right. I want you to be happy and healthy; my goal is to help you reach your health goals!

Testimonials
A person new to acupuncture or herbal treatment has a lot of worries (will this help me? does it hurt? will it interfere with other treatments?). Hearing from a patient who has benefitted from treatment can make them feel at ease.  If I have helped you with your health, please consider writing a short note sharing your experience. I would like to use your testimonial on my website, in brochures, and other information. You can use as much or as little detail as you like, and I will only use your first name and the initial of your last  name with the testimonial.  

Classes
We got off to a slow start on classes this year, but that doesn’t mean we won’t have any.  Going Natural: Making the Switch From Processed Food is the first installment in the Classes of 2012 at Green AcuClinic. We will discuss some of the dangers of processed food, and ideas for eating more naturally without breaking your budget.  There will be recipes for popular prepared foods, and menu ideas for main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and snacks. Bring your favorite processed food (onion soup mix? Cheese puffs?), and we’ll see what substitutes we can come up with. The class will be held on February 21 from 6:30-8:00pm. 

Thank you for your dedication to
Green AcuClinic!
Teresa Green, L. Ac.

Green Bath and Beauty 
New Products!
We are almost ready to unveil some of our Green Bath and Beauty Products! Soon we will offer:
·      15ml bottles of lavender, geranium, tea tree, blue tansy, a diluted rose oil, and possibly some blends.
·      3 balms--one simple balm with lavender and lemon oils, calendula, rose, and lavender to make your skin feel great, and one that "moves blood" with frankincense, arnica, lavender, and myrrh oils.  All will smell wonderful, and have a base of natural oils such as olive, coconut, jojoba, and rose hip.
·      Bath Salts--all the bath salts will be Epsom Salt based. One will be lavender and rose geranium-scented for maximum pampering and relaxation; another will be a soothing blend with arnica, frankincense, myrrh, and helichrysum, and one will be an invigorating blend of mint, eucalyptus, orange, and grapefruit.

In the meantime, why not try a refreshing toner? Take ½ cup strongly brewed green tea, add 3 drops of lavender essential oil, and shake well.  Use on your face after cleansing to remove residue and leave your face feeling clean and healthy!
Herbs
Warming herbs / foods for PMS: Yang Deficiency or Excess Cold

This time of year I recommend a lot of "warming" herbs and foods--things that help your body battle cold. One problem we don’t think of as being aggravated by cold is PMS.   click to read more. . .


Fight Frustration

Sometimes I get a little. . .frustrated. Ok, a lot frustrated. Traffic jams, cancelled visits, or a to-do list a LOT longer than my day can ruin my day. Seeing all the things I want to do, accomplish and enjoy stifled by mundane problems really makes me grit my teeth and clench my fists. 

Unfortunately, it's hard to have much “cred” as a natural health practitioner if your expression looks like a mug shot from aggravation at life.  click to read more. . .

That's it for this issue. Please tell me what you liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!